We are excited to announce that after a long attempt to customize a new EMR product with MyUnity, we are about to begin the rollout of a new EMR called KanTime!
What & Why?
- KanTime will greatly improve all aspects of our EMR capabilities, from intake to orders to auths to schedule management to charting to billing and beyond!
- KanTime is a web-based product and will merge many functions of Netsmart, the need for VPNs, juggling different passwords, and more!
- KanTime will have EVV functionality built-in and will allow us to be compliant with the upcoming regulatory changes pertaining to EVV and real-time charting.
- KanTime is on a modern platform that is designed to be extremely user-friendly and easy to use. Although some of our processes will change to match KanTime’s system, they are one of the industry standards in home health EMR workflow best practices and are a favorite with both office and field staff nationwide.
- Amazing Care is dedicated to our employees and we want to give you the best possible tools out there to do your job well and enjoyably. We believe KanTime is that very tool and KanTime has ample evidence to support this belief.
- We are in the early stages of kickoff and will start the pilot implementation with just the Colorado Springs office. We are piloting the Colorado Springs office because of its manageable size and because it encompasses all of our service lines.
- We anticipate the full implementation of the Colorado Springs pilot to be complete by 10/25/2020, with a possibility of sooner.
- We will roll out the rest of Amazing Care with KanTime in the weeks following the completion of the Colorado Springs pilot, with a goal of company-wide completion by 12/31/2020.
When will I see what it looks like?
- We will have demo videos available to you very soon so you can get an idea of how it will look and feel.
- During our rapid rollout schedule, you will also see what it looks like in the coming months like during your training.
What will training look like?
- Training will be set up using a “train the trainer” model where KanTime will train “superusers” throughout Amazing Care, including Jesse our Educator, as well as in all clinical areas and back-office areas. These superusers will train everyone in a step by step process and per a schedule to be set in the near future.
- Training will also rely on web-based training modules professionally designed by KanTime. These web-based modules have been thoroughly tested for effectiveness and are very user-friendly.
- Due to KanTime being built on a modern web-based platform, we think you’ll find training on how to use the system will be a breeze.
- The challenge for everyone will be to work our current processes and current way of doing things into the KanTime system so we are optimizing their best practices workflow design. But we will all be going through this together and will be with you every step of the way. Even exciting change can be hard at times and we need to recognize this as we begin. Trust us and trust the system, and we’ll get through it together!
Office Staff PTO
- We would like to request that you limit time off during KanTime implementation, so you don’t miss out on important training and involvement. For the Colorado Springs staff, this means between 9/1 and 10/25. For all other office staff, this means between 10/12 and 12/31, as there may be overlap in-branch rollout timelines.
- We will be sending regular communication about the progress of KanTime starting in the month of September so you will know what’s going on and what to expect.
- As your area begins its rollout, we will let you know the names of your area’s superuser so you will have a direct line to an in-house resource during and after your training. In the meantime, please let Brandon, Art, or Heather know if you have any questions or concerns.
We appreciate your patience as we’ve worked hard to find the best EMR solution over the past 2 years. We’re excited to be moving quickly into KanTime and to become even more Amazing!