In-home support services (IHSS) give you more control and choice over your own care. They allow you to have the flexibility of selecting your attendant to fit your individual needs. Instead of a doctor or agency dictating who attends to provide adult and pediatric support services in your home, you take charge to make these decisions. Our Colorado IHSS allows you to direct your in-home care under the authority of a participating home health agency.
Who Benefits From Our Colorado IHSS?
IHSS is for people who need specific and detailed care, medical care at home, or support to live independently at home. Types of services included in our Colorado IHSS:
Medical/Health Services, such as syringe feeding, catheter care, wound care, or respiratory care.
Personal Care Services, such as assistance with bathing, grooming, dressing, or mobilizing/transferring around the home.
Household Services, such as meal preparation, laundry, or light housekeeping
Would You Qualify for In-Home Support Services?
You must have Medicaid as your insurance and a waiver that supports IHSS in Colorado to qualify. Three waivers support IHSS, which include:
- HCBS-EBD waiver for persons who are elderly, blind, or disabled
- HCBS waiver for persons with a spinal cord injury
- CHCBS waiver that supports children’s home and community-based services
If you don’t have a waiver, then Amazing Care Home Health Services can assist you. Our experienced team of experts can help you understand and navigate the waiver application process.
What are the differences between each waiver?
- Must be 18 years or older
18-64 must be blind or have a physical disability or have a Diagnosis of HIV or AIDS
65 years and older must been determined to have a significant functional impairment
- Income must be less than three times the current Federal Supplemental Security Income (SSI) limit per month OR still be eligible through the Health First Colorado Buy-In Program for Working Adults with Disabilities
HCBS Spinal Cord Injury
- Must be 18 years and older
- Have a diagnosis
- Have been determined to have a significant functional impairment
- Waiver offers acupuncture, chiropractic care, massage therapy
CHCBS – Children’s Home & Community-Based Services
- 17 years and younger
- Must need long-term support services
- Must meet the Social Security Administration (SSA) definition of disability
- Child income must be less than three times the current Federal Supplemental Security Income (SSI) limit per month
What Services are included in IHSS?
Our in-home care services are there to ensure people can carry out their activities of daily living. These are the activities that are essential for day-to-day life or to manage a health condition. Examples of IHSS include:
- Bladder Care
- Respiratory Care
- Support through Recovery from Surgery
- Light Housekeeping
- Meal Preparation
- Medication Support
If you or a family member requires some of the services listed above or are struggling with an activity that is not listed, please feel free to contact us here at Amazing Care Home Health Services. We provide IHSS in Colorado, and we are here to discuss your individual requirements.